Feb. Fedora Kernel Patch Report

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Feb 28 16:11:12 UTC 2014

Am 28.02.2014 16:49, schrieb Josh Boyer:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:39 AM, Kyle McMartin <kyle at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:13:29AM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
>>> It's been a while since I sent one of these.  Mostly that's due to the
>>> overlap between which upstream stable version we're using in Fedora
>>> across the releases, and how fast those have been happening upstream.
>>> We're settled on 3.13.y now, and with 3.14-rc4 out there things have
>>> calmed down enough to take stock again.
>>>
>>> Here's the patches we have on top of 3.13.5.
>>>

>> Thanks for doing this, Josh.
>
> No problem.  It helps me keep things straight and I usually find at
> least a few odd things to follow up on as I go through things, so it's
> worthwhile for me anyway.  Glad someone else finds it useful too :)

that Fedora now for a longer time has recent kernels instead
the RHEL like backports in the past is not only usefull

this is *great* and the IT world would be a better one if
other components would have the same news/regression ratio
__________________________

i remember F14 which was a great release but not supported my brand
new SandyBridge machine in 2011 in case of the NIC and X11 often
a day freezed for a minute or so bursting the joy of the new machine
and leading in a forced upgrade to F15 a few days before my vacation

that leaded to be forced unplanned to systemd, sukcing *all* early
bugs, seeing mysqld-based services die around and finally destroy
my vacations and make me mood for a very long time

god bless you that now there is no fear in case of a new piece of
hardware wait for the next fedora release and hope it will work
sooner or later