RawhideKernelNodebug - Nosign

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Jan 30 20:02:05 UTC 2014

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 14:04:53 -0500
Josh Boyer <jwboyer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 2:03 PM, poma <pomidorabelisima at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On 30.01.2014 18:19, Peter Robinson wrote:
> >>
> >> Generally it's jforbes. The config is basically the fedora kernel
> >> git repo with the debug options disabled.
> >>
> >> Peter
> >>

> > So practically with the Rawhide "- Disable debugging options."
> > stage, Rawhide & RawhideKernelNodebug are on the same path?
>
> Yes.
>
> Also, rawhide kernels from koji aren't signed either.  Signing of RPMs
> is only done late in the release process, and for updates to a stable
> release.

To clarify what Josh said:

rawhide _rpms_ are not signed. Only stable/branched Fedora versions
currently get signed rpms.

rawhide kernel packages _are_ secure boot signed. (ie, they will work
on a secure boot enabled machine).

rawhide nodebug packages are _not_ secure boot signed, as they are
scratch builds and not built in the secure boot channel. They will not
boot on a secure boot enabled machine.

At least this is my understanding.

kevin