Modular Kernel Packaging for Cloud

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Mar 5 16:37:42 UTC 2014

Am 05.03.2014 17:28, schrieb Kevin Fenzi:
> On Wed, 5 Mar 2014 10:16:21 -0500
> Don Zickus <dzickus at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Also,  I just arbitrarly threw out 100MB, if we should start higher,
>> say 150MB, then it doesn't matter to me. :-)
>
> This entire disk size optimization seems kind of weird to me.

in case of kernel agreed
in general you need to multiply the wasted space for each instance

> I just booted a f20 offiical cloud image in our openstack cloud. I used
> the m1.tiny (smallest size, no persistent storage):
>
> Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> /dev/vda1        20G  1.1G   19G   6% /

way too fat and i even regret the 5.8 GB rootfs on 30 instances
but was unsure in 2008 how much reservation would be needed

[root at proxy:~]$ df
Filesystem     Type  Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb1      ext4  5.8G  681M  5.1G  12% /
/dev/sda1      ext4  493M   34M  460M   7% /boot