[WIP] Create kernel-core and kernel-drivers subpackages

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 19 15:52:21 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 03:13:54PM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> TODO:
>
> Right now this is what has been building in my COPR for the past week.
> It works well on x86_64 (which is all I've tested), and i686 builds but
> I know it's broken on ARM.  To finish it up, I need:
>
> 1) Review from you all.

Ahem.

> 2) A per-arch filter list, because the existing one that works on
> x86_64 leaves modules in kernel-core on ARM that lack their
> dependencies.  Bad.

OK, I sorted this out this week.  I believe the only arch left to do is
s390x and that's only because I forgot about it.  Oops.

> 3) Further testing on all arches.

http://ppc.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1711902
http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2255745

The last link for i686 wasn't really needed as both i686 and x86_64 are
covered by the COPR builds.  I did it anyway because it was easy to kick
off.

> 4) To make the depmod call fatal to the build.  Without making this
> fatal we run the risk of pushing kernel-core packages that aren't
> self-contained and that seems pretty bad to me.  It shouldn't be a huge
> issue as I would think most of the breakage is going to come from merge
> window stuff and settle down after that.

After I get s390x sorted I'll probably start making depmod fail the
build locally.

josh