What is the plan for rawhide and 3.15 ?

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 26 19:11:53 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering what the plan is wrt rawhide and 3.15, will rawhide move to
> 3.15-rc1 once it is available or is the plan to stabilize at 3.14 ?

3.14 final is expected to be released this weekend.  I'll sit on that
for maybe 2-3 days at the most, and then move rawhide to 3.15 merge
window kernels.  That's the typical process we normally follow.  So by
the end of next week I expect rawhide to be on 3.15 merge window git
snapshots.

> I'm asking because of:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/AllwinnerSunxiSupport
>
> I've been putting a lot of time getting as much sunxi code upstream as
> possible, and I'm about ready to start preparing a patch-set to add

Much appreciated!

> to the Fedora kernels for now. But if we're going to move to 3.15, then
> my time is better spend elsewhere until 3.15-rc1 hits rawhide.

Yes... this is exactly what I said in the FESCo ticket and meeting last week.

josh