Where do rcX-gitY patches come from?

Josh Stone jistone at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 17:25:18 UTC 2014

On 03/29/2014 07:35 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 8:24 PM, Josh Stone <jistone at redhat.com> wrote:
> Tags where, and corresponding to what?  E.g. a tag for the git
> snapshot, or a tag matching it to the NVR of the build?  Given they're
> generated from my (or another maintainer's) local tree, that wouldn't
> do anyone much good since it isn't pushed anywhere.

Yeah, I just meant the git snapshot on upstream.  Obviously the tag
would have to be pushed somewhere.  When I grab patch-3.14-rc8-git1.xz
from fedpkg, it would be nice to know what commit that corresponds to,
that's all.

Getting that from the log of the 'sources' file is ok.  It would be even
easier if the patch files were named in git-describe style, but I
realize the kernel.spec isn't prepared to deal with that.

So this is good enough, thanks!