Adding support for manually configured fence_kdump

Vivek Goyal vgoyal at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 21:29:42 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 02:47:08AM -0400, Martin Perina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we want to integrate support for fence_kdump into oVirt project. Marek Grac pointed me
> to kexec-tools-2.0.4-23 which contains automatic configuration of fence_kdump from Pacemaker config.
> Unfortunately for us, this support is tightly bound to Pacemaker, so I created attached patch,
> which adds support for manual configuration of fence_kdump:
>
> 1) Current status without this patch (kexec-tools-2.0.4-23)
>      - when running 'kdumpctl restart' kdump detects if fence_kdump_send command is installed
>        and if so, it tries to:
>
>          a) Create /etc/sysconfig/fence_kdump file with command line parameters for fence_kdump_send.
>             These parameters are extracted from cluster configuration using 'pcs cluster' command

I was looking at the code. kdump does not create /etc/sysconfig/fence_kdump.
It expects it to be present there so that fence_kdump_send can read its
configuration.

If that's the case, then vdsm can just modify this configuration as needed
and kdump scripts should include this file in initramfs.

>          b) Create /etc/fence_kdump_nodes file with list of hosts to send fence_kdump notification to.
>             These hosts are also extracted from cluster configuration using 'pcs cluster' command

Yep, list of notes is generated dynamically using pcs command . Why don't
you too provide a command to generate the list and we can check if command
is present on the system, then invoke it and generate list of nodes. Just
like pcs.

Thanks
Vivek