T61 monitor

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Fri Nov 9 13:42:35 UTC 2007

On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 06:55:15AM +0200, Peter Lauri wrote:

> Hi, I did change the things you said. However, as before (as I forgot
> to mention) is that the system-config-display cannot be opened. This
> is my xorg.conf content for the moment. And after that is the log for
> Xorg. I am a very novice in this area, sorry for that :( But I'd
> really like to use Fedora on my laptop.

Your config is really exactly the same (except for a few spaces) as what
we use here.  To be 100% sure about typos etc., I'll send you a copy of
our xorg.conf in private mail (please try that, just in case...), as
well as our (long) Xorg.0.log file.

Did you also restart the laptop after making the changes?  I'm not sure
if this is needed (normally it's not), because of that special issue
of the TV-output.

You shouldn't need to run system-config-display (that only works if
X is already running), with this xorg.conf it "just should work".

Let me know if you get it working, or otherwise send the output of
"lspci -v", as Lenovo might have changed some hardware.

B.t.w., sound on the T61 is still not working, we hope for F8 (not
tried yet), as this is said to be solved in newer versions of ALSA.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>