hpdv9500

Rui Tiago Matos tiagomatos at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 11:30:46 UTC 2007

On 24/11/2007, Joseph F. Shea <jfsnutter at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I tried loading Ubuntu 7.10 on to an HP dv9500 laptop (AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-58 1.9Ghz), but could not configure Nvidia card or Broadcom wireless card.  (Saw some suggestions for fixing the NVidia card, but need wireless connection to do it).  Will Fedora 8 load on this machine without a lot of tweaking?

The nvidia card I know that it will only work with the nv driver out
of the box, i.e. so so 2D performance and no 3D, if you want better
performance and don't mind using a proprietary driver, check the
vendor's website. The broadcom I don't know and you don't provide
model numbers so it would be harder to find.

Your best bet: get yourself a live CD[1]. If it doesn't work, file
bugs[2]. It's not so hard to do this by yourself.

Rui

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora
[2] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?format=guided