backup and synchronization program?

D. H. Holsboer dh.holsboer at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 2 09:05:38 UTC 2008

Hi,
I am looking for a program that can backup and/or synchronize data on my
laptop (FC 8), on another FC 8 and on a WIN XP on my LAN. I have for WIN
- WIN synchronization and/or backup the program SyncBack, but don want
to have to switch to Win XP all the time I want to make a backup or
synchronize the systems.
Does anybody know which Linux program performs these actions by simply
copying files from one system to the system on which they are not
present and overwriting old files with the newer versions? This is the
way I use to my satisfaction the program SyncBack.exe. Of course, the
Win XP machine is accessible via smb.
Later this month I plan to change to FC 9, hoping that most difficulties
with the new version (no new version without itś own set of
difficulties...) will be solved.
Daniel