Power management on a Macbook Pro

John Maclean jayeola at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 14:35:57 UTC 2010

I have 15" MBP and it's all gravy. No matter how much I try to get used
to this OS I still yearn for a "proper *nix system" and put F12 onto a
partition on this laptop. So I'm dual booting with Snow Leopard and f12
and cannot help wondering why the power management is so different
between the two systems.

1 - OS X. Boot up and mouse over on the power icon. Tells me that I have
3.x hours of battery life remaining.

2 - F12. Boot up and mouse over on the power icon. Tells me that I have
1.x hours of battery power remaining.

How/why could these stats be so different? Is there any way to find out
myself? I know that OS X does not have a /proc/ dir so I will not be
able to compare /proc/APCI/blah/de/blah.

How do others find using F12/F13 beta with an MBP?

--
John Maclean MSc. (DIC) Bsc. (Hons),Core Linux Systems Engineering,07739
171 531