[Fedora-legal-list] CeCILL licence

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Oct 9 20:01:26 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 21:31 +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> Hi.
>
> SciLab has changed its licence to CeCILLv2[1], which claims to be GPLv2+
> compatible. I tried reading it and it gave me a headache. It seems
> to contain a few dubious passages[2]. Could RH Legal have a look at it
> and decide if it's OK to include code licensed under it in Fedora?

Yep, they're all fine, they were in the Licensing list already:

CeCILL License v2 is Free and GPL compatible. (License: CeCILL)
CeCILL-B License is Free but GPL-incompatible (License: CeCILL-B)
CeCILL-C License is Free but GPL-incompatible (License: CeCILL-C)

I'll worry about v1 if something actually uses it.

~spot