[Fedora-legal-list] Legal CD/DVD/BD writing software for RedHat and Fedora

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Fri Jun 12 20:33:09 UTC 2009

"Christofer C. Bell" <christofer.c.bell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 2:45 PM, Joerg Schilling
> <Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> >
> > "Ciaran O'Riordan" <ciaran at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> >

> > > I know nothing about this story :-) but I happen to remember a part of the
> > > original debate back in 2006, so for context here it is:
> > > http://lwn.net/Articles/198171/
> >
> > Could we please have a fact based discussion?
> >
> > The article you quote is not based on facts.

> The link provided in the above article contains pretty detailed
> reasoning justifying the fork of cdrkit from cdrtools.  In reading

the link above contains one single true claim:

	In the past, we, the Debian maintainers of cdrtools, had a good and
	mutually cooperative relationship with Jörg Schilling.  He even
	commented on Debian bug reports, which is one of the best things an
	upstream maintainer can do.  Naturally, there were occasionally
	disagreements, but this is normal.

The rest contains a lot of accusations but not a single legal proof.

Please read the relvent information I did provide already, see e.g.:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legal-list/2009-June/msg00017.html

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legal-list/2009-June/msg00019.html

Jörg