[Fedora-legal-list] "content" in source tarball

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Fri Mar 6 19:14:56 UTC 2009

On 03/06/2009 02:14 PM, Christian Krause wrote:

> I'm a little bit afraid to violate this rule:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Code_Vs_Content
>
> especially "All content is subject to review by FESCo, who has the final
> say on whether or not it can be included." etc.

That just means that FESCo reserves judgement over what is and is not
acceptable content.

Learning content like you describe would be permissable in the package
as long as it is not religious or pornographic.

> Would it be necessary to get the content files reviewed in the following
> scenario:
>
> - src.rpm/tarball contains content under GPL
> - binary rpm does not

Well, we'd still be distributing the content (via the SRPM), so yes,
FESCo would still have oversight.

~spot