[Fedora-legal-list] CMSVLIB

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Thu May 7 15:06:33 UTC 2009

I'm trying to figure out if we can include this in Fedora.

Web site is: http://cow.physics.wisc.edu/~craigm/idl/idl.html

For the most part it seems like the code is "Copyright Only":

; Copyright (C) 1999-2000,2006 Craig Markwardt
; This software is provided as is without any warranty whatsoever.
; Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute modified or
; unmodified copies is granted, provided this copyright and disclaimer
; are included unchanged.

The tricky part is the code that reads and writes IDL save files.  IDL
is proprietary software from (currently) ITT (previously Research
Systems Inc).  There is a LICENSE.RSI file:

http://cow.physics.wisc.edu/~craigm/idl/down/LICENSE.RSI

That seems to grant permission to use it.

Comments?

Thanks!

--
Orion Poplawski