[Fedora-legal-list] SystemC OSCI License and Fedora is an Non-Profit org

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 12:55:15 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 10:04:42AM +0100, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
>I'm reading Tom Callaway's recommendations on the change needed in the
>licence. I think Fedora is NOT a Commercial Distributor and is NOT
>dealing a commercial offering. So as a non-profit organization
>we/fedora don't require the need for a chance in license, right ?

However, others may use Fedora in commercial offerings.  We don't restrict
that use case at all, as it would be non-free of us to do so.  Which means
that we cannot have software in the repositories that has commercial entity
restrictions.

Also, Fedora is not a 'not-profit organization'.  There are very specific
legalities that need to be completed before you can declare yourself as that.

josh