[Fedora-legal-list] eclipse and php require GPLV2+

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Nov 18 18:35:43 UTC 2009

On 11/18/2009 12:31 PM, Julius Davies wrote:
> I put together a list of all pertinent "Provides" entries on the FC11
> i386 DVD that can be satisfied in more than one way.  The list is
> pretty small (25 entries) since I discarded things that never show up
> in "Requires".  Any tips on how I should choose which package to
> depend on for what I'm doing (analyzing licensing between a package
> and its dependencies).

We really should clean these up. While it is possible to have multiple
packages provide the same component, in practice, it should be treated
as a conflict.

For your testing, I would look at what packages were used in the
buildroot when the dependent package was built.

Btw, the php-cli/readline issue has been addressed in F11+ (F10 is EOL
shortly, so I didn't bother there). It now links to libedit instead.

Fedora 11: http://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/php-5.2.11-2.fc11
Fedora 12: http://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/php-5.3.0-7.fc12

~spot