[Fedora-legal-list] eclipse and php require GPLV2+

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 05:38:02 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 3:40 AM, Julius Davies wrote:

> ps.  I'm a B.Sc. student doing a research project on licensing
> problems in open source linux distros, so I'm excited to see if my
> techniques have actually found some real life licensing problems.

Would you consider joining Fedora's gach project?
https://fedorahosted.org/gach/
The project aims to do an automated review of new packages submitted
to Fedora review. There is a large number of elements that need to be
checked in anew package before it gets accepted, and the license check
is one of them. If you can code in python, I am sure you can write a
license check script for this project, and this will be very much
appreciated.

Orcan