[Fedora-legal-list] Fedora print magazine licensing: what should we be aware of?

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Fri Sep 4 15:12:01 UTC 2009

Adam Miller and I were talking about the
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_print_magazine proposal and a
question for fedora-legal came up.

Basically, as we move through the process of exploring (and then
hopefully producing) a print Fedora magazine (right now the proposal is
from Linux Pro Magazine, for us to work with them), are there any legal
things we should be aware of?

<mchua> One of the things I want to ask about today is the licensing and
online availability of the magazine materials.
<mchua> I'm not sure if we'll be republishing any materials we've
already got / will be having, but it seems pretty logical that we would
(for instance, publish the screeenshots tour, or feature profiles).
<maxamillion> ah, that might be a question for fedora-legal mailing list
<mchua> maxamillion: ooh, thanks for the suggestion. *asks fedora-legal*

Thanks!

--Mel