[Fedora-legal-list] Request for Comments: Fedora Project Contributor Agreement Draft (Replacement for Fedora Individual Contributor License Agreement)

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Tue Apr 20 03:57:23 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-19 at 16:21 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> For some time now, Fedora has been working with Red Hat Legal to come up
> with a replacement for the Fedora Individual Contributor License
> Agreement (aka, the Fedora ICLA). As a result, the Fedora Project
> Contributor Agreement (FPCA) has been approved by Red Hat Legal, and is
> now being presented to the Fedora Community for comments and discussion.
>
> The full text of the FPCA, along with a FAQ, can be found here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Revised_Fedora_CLA_Draft

I like the FPCA.  It addresses a specific problem (default licensing)
and solves it in a simple way.  Consider this a "+1" karma point.

My only suggestion: Standardize a short name for the "CC-BY-SA 3.0 with
4d waived" license on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main so
that it is easier to track accurately.  And it would be worth explicitly
pointing out that the copyleft allows derivative works to be licensed
without the waiver, just like a GPL exception.

--
Matt