[Fedora-legal-list] Release forms & LATAM Fedora photos

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 30 19:01:08 UTC 2010

Hi,

Tatica and some other Fedora LATAM folks took some great photos of
Fedora contributors:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/fedora-latam/

Tatica put together a nice banner for the F13 release notes using one of
them here:

http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/Fedora_Artwork/release-notes-13.png

We have a few concerns with respect to having the participants sign
release forms. The first issue is that we found the Fedora Picture Book
release form, and it seems to apply to all countries, but, we are
worried because we want to use one of the photos for the release notes.
So we're not sure what to have those folks sign. The Fedora Picture Book
release form is here, for reference:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Submitting_images_for_the_picture_book

I found some generic Red Hat release forms that have a wider breadth in
terms of usage, but they are specific to countries. The only LATAM
countries I could find forms for are Brazil and Chile. I'm also a little
confused as to whether the form should be for the country the event the
photos are taken at is held, or should it be for the country the
person(s) in the photo are from?

One final concern Tatica raised is that many of these folks do not speak
English. I know we have a policy of not translating legal text in Fedora
itself. Tatica is wondering if it might be okay for her to provide a
Spanish translation for the forms in any case.

We want to make sure we do this the right way. Any advice is greatly
appreciated!

~m