[Fedora-legal-list] Would like to use Papercdcase for distributing Fedora Linux

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 15:36:50 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 08:11:48PM -0500, Justin O'Brien wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am a North American Fedora Ambassador and would like to ask for a non
> exclusive Creative Commons License [1] to use Papercdcase for the
> purpose of distributing Fedora Linux [2].
>
> Because we are a Free Software and Free Culture project we need to be
> able to re-distribute everything under Free Licenses that allow for
> commercial distribution.

Justin,

I'm not quite clear on what you're requesting.  Do you want to use
the cover art we use for Fedora media, and have it distributed at
http://www.papercdcase.com/ ?

The cover art we use is already provided under a CC BY-SA 3.0 license
through the Fedora wiki:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MediaArt/F12

You're free to use and remix this to create a suitable foldable cover
for the Papercdcase site, if that's what you're looking to do.  If I
missed your meaning, though, please feel free to correct me. :-)