[Fedora-legal-list] Papercdcase legal Digest, Vol 32, Issue 19

Justin O'Brien three at threethirty.us
Wed Feb 24 06:20:32 UTC 2010

> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:36:50 -0500
> From: "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Fedora-legal-list] Would like to use Papercdcase for
> 	distributing Fedora Linux
> To: legal at lists.fedoraproject.org
>
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 08:11:48PM -0500, Justin O'Brien wrote:
> > Hello:
> >
> > I am a North American Fedora Ambassador and would like to ask for a non
> > exclusive Creative Commons License [1] to use Papercdcase for the
> > purpose of distributing Fedora Linux [2].
> >
> > Because we are a Free Software and Free Culture project we need to be
> > able to re-distribute everything under Free Licenses that allow for
> > commercial distribution.
>
> Justin,
>
> I'm not quite clear on what you're requesting.  Do you want to use
> the cover art we use for Fedora media, and have it distributed at
> http://www.papercdcase.com/ ?
>
> The cover art we use is already provided under a CC BY-SA 3.0 license
> through the Fedora wiki:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MediaArt/F12
>
> You're free to use and remix this to create a suitable foldable cover
> for the Papercdcase site, if that's what you're looking to do.  If I
> missed your meaning, though, please feel free to correct me. :-)
>
> --
> Paul W. Frields                                http://paul.frields.org/
>   gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717
>   http://redhat.com/   -  -  -  -   http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/
>           Where open source multiplies: http://opensource.com

I'm terribly sorry for the confusion Paul.  I cc'd the list on my req to
papercdcase.com so that if there were was anything inaccurate in it
someone could jump in.  I have a plan to make a release agnostic design
for some DIY marketing stuff I'm working on.

Again I'm sorry for the confusion

--threethirty