[Fedora-legal-list] Trusster Open Source License

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 04:35:54 UTC 2010

Hi,

I checked with the TOSL authors from Trusster, and here is their reply:

=== QUOTE ===

Yes, our license is the SleepyCat one...

    > 1. The verification framework is under TOSL. The *.cpp testbench
    > written for an RTL project also needs to be under TOSL?

Nope. Any project a customer does is totally owned by them in whatever
license they want.

    > 2. Can the *.cpp testbench be in TOSL while the RTL project source
    > code be released in LGPLv2+ or GPL?

Yes.

    I see that in the examples you "include" the RTL sources, but, does
    that involve compilation between TOSL framework code and RTL LGPLV2+
    code?

Yes.

The idea behind TOSL was to encourage others to use it, but not
require that their work be in open source.

So, if I ship examples that use GPLv2+ or LGPLv2+, can I use the
following in License at teal.spec?

  License:     TOSL and (GPLv2+ and LGPLv2+)

Do let me know your views. Thanks!

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan