[Fedora-legal-list] updating the MPL

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Mar 10 18:40:55 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 09:45:53AM -0800, Luis Villa wrote:

> process and participation fora are easy for you to find. I will of
> course continue to hang out on this list, but we're hoping we can
> aggregate
> many comments through our own tools:

I'd like to make a relate-topic observation.

During Richard Fontana's talk at SCALE, I heard a clear need for a
community of practice[1] for the FLOSS legal community, both lawyers
and interested practitioners such as Spot.

I'd be very interested in seeing if some of what you learn in this MPL
refresh process would have benefited from having such a community of
practice in place already.  Not sure if folks care enough to follow
through on the little bit of infrastructure needed (stand alone,
neutral space mailing list at e.g. flosslaw.org), so I'll keep beating
on this drum for a little longer.[2]

- Karsten

[1] http://www.theopensourceway.org/wiki/Communities_of_practice