[Fedora-legal-list] legal communities of practice [was Re: updating the MPL]

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Mar 15 23:46:06 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 04:25:19PM -0800, Luis Villa wrote:

> So... does that answer your question? :)

Yes, it does, and for all the reasons you mention.  I'm not as worried
anymore. :) I see in particular how the culture is a complexity,
especially as being wary of publicity for considered-private practice
communities.

One reason we wrote 'The Open Source Way' is to give non-technical
communities a branded cluebat to wield, "See, it works this way over
there in open source and can work for us similarly over here."  If you
all ever have any good stories/examples that would be compelling to
lawyers, send 'em my way (or inject them yourselves[1].)

thanks - Karsten

[1] https://www.theopensourceway.org/wiki/Main_Page#Contributing_to_this_content