[Fedora-legal-list] Licensing question: BSD with advertising + GPL

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Tue Mar 16 15:41:26 UTC 2010

"Tom \"spot\" Callaway" <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:

> Please note that Mr. Schilling does not speak in any way for the Fedora
> Project, and his... unique... license interpretations are not correct
> for Fedora.

Please note that I am forwarding the license interpretation of the lawyer who
counsels the OpenSource initiative.

If Fedora has a unique interpretation that differs from this interpreation,
fell free to explain it giving legal reasoning for your different interpreation.
The legal reasoning of the lawyer that counsels the OSI can be read here:

http://www.rosenlaw.com/Rosen_Ch06.pdf

Jörg