[Fedora-legal-list] Non-translatable export regulations?

Thu Mar 25 00:44:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Tom "spot" Callaway
<tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 03/14/2010 05:49 PM, Paul Frields wrote:
>> There is a section of export regulations shown at the bottom of the
>> fedoraproject.org/get-fedora page. Currently it's not set up to be
>> translatable. Is this on purpose? Can I let the translators know they
>> shouldn't worry about translating this content?
>
> Yes, this is intentional. That is legal text, and cannot be translated
> like the rest of the website (the translation might not end up
> appropriate or binding).

Is it acceptable to translate the string but provide link to the
original English content ? Having a chunk of translated text and then
an untranslated piece of legal contract does demand that the reader
understand the terms of the English piece while reading the rest in
the local language.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>