[Fedora-legal-list] Verifying Fedora from unofficial remixes that have removed the Fedora trademarks

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 2 11:27:04 UTC 2010

2010/11/2 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com>:
> Finian is not one of the names that got suggested for Fedora release 15
> names. ( That name should be announced today given that the voting ended at
> midnight ).
>
> So is Fedora release 15 ( Finian ) a cracked version of Fedora that some 25
> unsuspecting users are using thinking that it is the latest and greatest
> from Fedora or is it simply Rawhide remixed in Finnish?

When Jesse Keating's son was born, I temporarily renamed the rawhide
release to Finian (his son's name) as a way of recognizing Jesse for
the hard work he's put into the release engineering team.  A few weeks
later, we reverted back to calling it "Rawhide".  So there's no need
to worry about Finian.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project