[Fedora-legal-list] How to determine Chinese patent expire date?

Ding Yi Chen dchen at redhat.com
Fri Nov 5 00:48:57 UTC 2010

----- "Tom \"spot\" Callaway" <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 11/02/2010 07:36 PM, Ding Yi Chen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am currently doing ibus-table-chinese table License review.
> > I am quite confuse when checking up PRC's Intellectual Property
> website.
> > For example,
> > Patent: 字根编码输入法及其设备
> >  (also known as Zhengma 鄭碼)
> > Applicant Id:891088512
> >
> However, when I looked up this specific item in C-PAT
> (http://english.cnipr.com/enpatv/search/tableSearch.do?method=showTable)
> I found that on 2010.05.26, the Chinese Patent Application# 89108851
> was
> marked as "cessation of patent right".
>
> So, I think this patent is no longer valid in China.

Thanks Tom. However, I failed to retrieve that data by using either Application Id
or published Id. Neither sign in helps. Any trick or magic?

--
Ding-Yi Chen
Software Engineer

Register now for Red Hat Virtual Experience, December 9.
Enterprise Linux, virtualization, cloud, and more.
http://www.redhat.com/virtualexperience