[Fedora-legal-list] Third Party Infringement ?

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Nov 8 17:43:40 UTC 2010

On 11/07/2010 10:11 PM, Tristan Santore wrote:
> Dear Legal Team + Spot,
>
> I seem to recall something about third party infringement, in the case
> of the wiki or other docs mentioning third party repositories, which
> contain codecs and such.
>
> Has anything changed in this respect ? Because I thought there was this
> legal issue in the US. I seem to recall much annoyance during FUDcon
> Berlin with regard to this topic, as the EU never had this problem.
>
> Would be nice if somebody could enlighten us all.

There is a tight line that we're forced to walk here.

This page has been carefully worded to be acceptable:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Third_party_repositories

Third party repositories should not be mentioned anywhere else in Fedora
wiki or documentation, instead, they should refer/link to the
"Third_party_reposiitories" page.

Hope that helps,

~spot