[Fedora-legal-list] Fwd: URGENT Registration Notice For fedoraproject

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 18:48:17 UTC 2010

Sounds like poaching

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mark Dong <mark.dong at dis-nic.net.cn>
Date: 2010/9/15
Subject: URGENT Registration Notice For fedoraproject

 (It's very urgent, Please transfer this email to your CEO or appropriate
person, Thanks)

Dear CEO/Principal,

This is Mark Dong ---Senior Consultant of domain name registration and
solution center in china. have something to confirm with you. We formally
received an application on September 15, 2010, one company which self-styled
"Euboy Company" were applying to register "fedoraproject" as Network Brand
and following domain names:
"fedoraproject.co.in
 fedoraproject.com.hk
 fedoraproject.com.tw
 fedoraproject.hk
 fedoraproject.in
 fedoraproject.tw
"
After our initial checking, we found the name were similar to your
company's, so we need to check with you whether your company has authorized
that company to register these names. If you authorized this, we will finish
the registration at once. If you did not authorize, please let us know
within 7 workdays, so that we will handle this issue better. Out of the time
limit we will unconditionally finish the registration for "Euboy
Company".

Best Regards,

Mark Dong
Tel: +86-551-5223-174
Fax: +86-551-5223-175
Address:Room205,Block12,Youth Community(West),Ningguo Road Baohe
District,HeFei,China
<http://www.dis-nic.org/>

--
Stephen J Smoogen.