[Fedora-legal-list] Tanukiwrapper license

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Aug 15 07:28:05 UTC 2011

Hi Fedora legals,
I would like to ask you if you can help me and Leif from Tanukisoftware.

They had some modification to GPLv2 which make their product
Tanukiwrapper non-free. It was reviewed here year ago:
http://www.mail-archive.com/legal@lists.fedoraproject.org/msg00253.html
Their motivation is stated below.
If you can help him to clear the license, I will be very glad.

Please cc in reply Leif as he is not subscribed to this mailing list.

I would say (but IANAL) that best solution is to release it under GPLv2
*and* MIT license and state that all files are licensed under GPLv2, but
files foo and directory bar, which are licensed under MIT (Leif can you
state which parts are under MIT?).
However, I'm not sure how to enforce presence of startup banner in license.

Thanks in advance
  Miroslav Suchy