[Fedora-legal-list] Documentation and header files seemingly without a license

Ville-Pekka Vainio vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi
Mon Jan 17 11:40:17 UTC 2011

su, 2011-01-16 kello 08:56 -0500, Justin O'Brien kirjoitti:
> On 01/16/2011 06:10 AM, Ville-Pekka Vainio wrote:
> > su, 2011-01-16 kello 13:22 +0300, Peter Lemenkov kirjoitti:
> >> Also he kindly
> >> granted us permission to redistribute doc-file freely w/o
> >> modifications. I hope that it's ok for content.
> >
> > I would like to get a confirmation from someone that this is OK in
> > Fedora before accepting the package.
> >

> without the right to modify I doubt this will be excepted.

I think so too. The .png files seem to be images from the .pdf file, so
effectively we're talking about distributing the .pdf file. If (and
when) that can't be done in Fedora, Peter could just put a README.Fedora
file into the package, which would contain a URL to the .pdf file. It
seems to be available in http://downloads.basho.com/papers/

--
Ville-Pekka Vainio