[Fedora-legal-list] netperf license

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Jul 28 15:58:23 UTC 2011

Mention of "non-commercial purposes only" would seem to me to render
this non-free:

  The enclosed software and documentation includes copyrighted works
  of Hewlett-Packard Co. For as long as you comply with the following
  limitations, you are hereby authorized to (i) use, reproduce, and
  modify the software and documentation, and to (ii) distribute the
  software and documentation, including modifications, for
  non-commercial purposes only.

As far as I know, the old netperf has always been regarded as non-free,
but there's a newer GPL'd version (netperf4) as well.

 - J<