[Fedora-legal-list] ssh enable and firewall open for sshd connection by default after install who's legally liable?.

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 19 15:55:05 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-05-19 at 15:41 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 05/19/2011 03:17 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Are our ambassadors liable themselves liable for handing out that dvd at
> that event?

On that specific question, and with my ambassador hat on, I have always
felt responsible for what happened to the people I had installed Fedora
for.

Not legally liable, but ethically responsible. If they had a problem,
they could send me an email, and I would have helped them fix it.

I know it doesn't answer your question about any legal liability, but in
practice, if you are nice to people and offer your help, they will
rarely sue you anyway. :)

--
Mathieu