[Fedora-legal-list] *GPL ... approaching 1990s?

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Mon Feb 27 00:10:09 UTC 2012

Hi,

I was contemplating to use LGPL for a small project of mine (in the end
I've decided otherwise for other reasons) but I was again struck by the
sheer nonsense of attaching 481 lines long COPYING.LGPL to 194 lines
long script. Would there be anything wrong with replacing the standard
LGPL copyright blurb with this acknowledging an existence of the Internet?

	This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
	modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
	License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
	version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later
	version.

	This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
	GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.

	A copy of the full GNU Lesser General Public License is
	available at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses\
	/lgpl-2.1.html (or some better URL).

Best,

Matěj