[Fedora-legal-list] Privacy Policy Concern

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 06:35:44 UTC 2012

Hi all,

The following describes the policy for information controlled by the
privacy flag in FAS.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:PrivacyPolicy#Publicly_Available_Personal_Information

It appears to me that the IRC nickname if provided in FAS is also
treated as public information in various places now regardless of the
privacy settings. If I log into FAS and look at another user who has
the privacy flag set I can see the IRC nickname, if I query the fas
plugin to zodbot I also see the user's IRC nickname.

I do think the IRC nickname should be considered public information if
provided (and especially for users with fedora cloaks) so I'm
wondering if the privacy policy should just add this as a second
exception along with the email address listed in the current policy?

I also have a question about what the "your affiliations" in the last
bullet in that section refers to?

Thanks,
John