[Fedora-legal-list] Android License for Gluster and Fedora Projec t (was Fwd: Change in glusterfs[master]: Provide missing basename_r and dirname_r)

Richard Fontana rfontana at redhat.com
Tue May 15 13:17:09 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 08:30:56AM -0400, Kaleb Keithley wrote:

> I presume that because this looks like a BSD (no advertising clause) license that it would be okay to include as "contrib" code with Gluster.

Yes, as noted by Emmanuel Dreyfus this is the GPL-compatible 2-clause
BSD license.

> It's not in the Fedora Project list of {good|bad} licenses yet, hence the reason I'm also forwarding to legal at fp.o.

The FreeBSD variant is listed
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing/BSD#2ClauseBSD

It includes a sort of disclaimer of opinion at the end. Perhaps Fedora
should list a more generic version of the 2-clause BSD license as the
example, or should list one separately.

 - RF