[Fedora-legal-list] SciTech MGL Public License Version 1.0

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Mon Nov 12 15:56:26 UTC 2012

Hello,

The nasm package includes a scitech.mac file with the following header:

;*    The contents of this file are subject to the SciTech MGL Public
;*    License Version 1.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file
;*    except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of
;*    the License at http://www.scitechsoft.com/mgl-license.txt
;*
;*    Software distributed under the License is distributed on an
;*    "AS IS" basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or
;*    implied. See the License for the specific language governing
;*    rights and limitations under the License.

The link referring to the license is dead (because SciTech Software, Inc.
was acquired by Alt Richmond, Inc.), but the copy of the license apparently
can be found at:
  http://ftp.lanet.lv/ftp/mirror/x2ftp/msdos/programming/scitech/license.txt

In my opinion this is a free software license. I would like to ask you to
officially approve it (assign it a tag and include it on the licensing page).

Thank you,
Mikolaj Izdebski