[Fedora-legal-list] man-pages-* license tags

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Mon Nov 26 09:54:57 UTC 2012

Hi,

I was looking at the license tags of man-pages translations:

$ repoquery --qf "%{name}: %{license}" man-pages-\*
man-pages: GPLv2+ and GPL+ and BSD and MIT and Copyright only and IEEE
man-pages-cs: GFDL and GPL+
man-pages-de: GPL+
man-pages-es: IEEE
man-pages-es-extra: IEEE
man-pages-fr: GPL+
man-pages-it: IEEE
man-pages-ja: Freely redistributable without restriction
man-pages-ko: Copyright only
man-pages-pl: GPL+
man-pages-ru: BSD and GPL+ and MIT and GFDL
man-pages-zh-CN: GFDL

and started wondering about the License inheritance from man-pages.

It seems to me since they are largely derived from the man-pages package
that the license tag for them should be very similar to or the same
as the license tag of the main man-pages package.  Or is it more subtle?

I actually jumped in and fixed -fr, -es and -it already,
but I thought I better check here first before filing bugs
to spam all the other man-pages-* owners.

Jens