[Fedora-legal-list] Possible CC BY violation

Miro HronĨok mhroncok at redhat.com
Tue Aug 20 12:51:40 UTC 2013

Hi,

Few months ago, I've taken this picture [0] and attended with it in the
contest of F19 Supplemental Wallpapers [1]. I've released that image
under the terms of CC BY 3.0 license [2] (clearly stated at [1]).

When F19 was released and I saw the DVDs, I saw my picture at the back
side of the DVD cover. Without any attribution. I said to myself, let it be.

Later on, I saw my picture on Flock badges. Without attribution.

It's also on (the mockup of ?) Fedora Magazine front page [3], again, I
see no attribution.

Just to be clear, I'm not mad or something like that, I'm just curious.
In  my eyes, Fedora was always very strict about licenses and stuff like
that.

If anyone would come to me and say "Hey, Miro, we want to use that image
in XYZ, but your attribution would make it look weird, can we use it to
promote Fedora, without your attribution?" I would definitely say yes.
But nobody had done this before the image was used.

So I would like to know: Signing CLA, did I abandoned my right to use
license with attribution? Or someone screwed it?

Thanks,
Miro

[0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Fedora-printed-thumb.jpg
[1]