[Fedora-legal-list] Greetings from an articling student

Adam Saunders adam.saunders at hushmail.com
Sun Nov 10 20:09:23 UTC 2013

Hello Fedora Legal,

I am a recent Canadian law school graduate. Unlike in the United
States, I am required to apprentice for a lawyer for several months
("articling") before I can be admitted to practice.

I've focused my studies on legal issues concerning information and
communications technology, so I have a pretty good grounding in
copyright, patent, trademark, Terms of Service, privacy, etc. laws.
I'm also on the Fedora Design team and am learning Python, and I'm
taking pull requests on my GitHub account (username: asaunders) for a
public domain dedication project I'm working on in my spare time.

I'm happy to try to answer any questions posters to this mailing list
may have regarding Fedora-related legal issues, particularly (but not
exclusively) regarding licensing issues. However:

1) I cannot provide legal advice, and
2) I cannot form a solicitor-client relationship with anyone on this
mailing list.

Glad to help in any way I can.

Thanks,
Adam Saunders