[Fedora-legal-list] Allowed content in Copr

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Nov 11 15:25:55 UTC 2013

On 11/11/2013 03:26 PM, Tom Callaway wrote:
> I suppose we could append this and start keeping a list of licenses that
> are only "okay for Coprs", but I really am less than excited about this.
> Are there people who want this?

We are just starting, so nobody asked yet. Therefore it is not blocker, but it would be nice to have. As Copr should
have as low barrier to entry as possible.

>>>     c. is categorized as a "Forbidden Item" at
>>>        https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Forbidden_items,
>>>        as that page may be revised from time to time by the Fedora
>>>        Project Board;
>>
>> Why we should forbid binary blobs (e.g firmwares)?
>> But beside those blobs I agree.
>
> In general, the items on the Forbidden list are such because they are
> either common proprietary software or known to be legally problematic.
>
> There is not a blanket "no binary blobs" entry in Forbidden_items, so
> I'm not sure why you're bringing that point up. It does say no non-free
> kernel modules, if that's what you are referring to, it might be
> possible to explicitly exclude that item for Coprs.

Second paragraph. But I read it again and I understand it incorrectly. So this is fine.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS
Red Hat, Software Engineer, #brno, #devexp, #fedora-buildsys