[Fedora-legal-list] XML::Parser::Lite license

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Tue Nov 26 07:03:34 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 10:55:34AM -0500, Tom Callaway wrote:
> On 11/22/2013 03:30 AM, Petr Ĺ abata wrote:
> > # The following code may be freely used and distributed provided
> > that # this copyright and citation notice remains intact and that
> > modifications # or additions are clearly identified.
>
> Poorly worded, but barely Free and GPL compatible. Use:
>
> License: XPLL

Thank you for quick response. I'd like to notice that the piece of
XML::Parser::Lite code comes from Robert D. Cameron's REX project, including
the license <http://www.cs.sfu.ca/~cameron/REX.html#AppA>. So I guess more
approriate name would reflect the origin than the bundling project. Asking
Google search engine
<https://www.google.com/search?hl=cs&q=%22The+following+code+may+be+freely+used+and+distributed+provided+that%22>
returns various implementations borrowing the REX code and the license.

-- Petr