[Fedora-legal-list] Hosting Fedora cloud images

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Oct 1 11:50:33 UTC 2013

I want to host some Fedora cloud images on a website for people to
download.  These are constructed using a kickstart which just installs
@Core into a VM, as simple as it gets.

To comply with licensing, I was planning to point people who wanted
source back to Fedora, since we don't make any modifications.  Also I
will publish the kickstart file and the short (20 line) shell script
that makes the images.

However the question arises if we need to do anything else from a
licensing / providing source / other legal point of view?

For example, is it a problem that Fedora deletes old SRPMs?

Is it a problem if we don't host the source ourselves?

Does the trademark exception cover our (non-commercial, community)
offering, assuming I comply with the required terms here?
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal:Trademark_guidelines#Usage_That_Does_Not_Require_Permission

Basically, in the words of Donald Rumsfeld, are there any "unknown
unknowns" I should be aware of?

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW