[Fedora-legal-list] Various licenses in Heimdal

Alexander Boström abo at root.snowtree.se
Tue Sep 3 13:25:11 UTC 2013

Hello,

Browsing through Heimdal(*) source code, I gathered these licenses.
(Might have missed some too.)

Are we ok with them? What should I call them?

There's also some BSD with adv. in there but I think it's obsolete code
that we don't need to build, and only applications, not libraries. Will
double check.

*) https://bugzilla.redhat.com/613001

/*
 * (c) Copyright 1995 HEWLETT-PACKARD COMPANY
 *
 * To anyone who acknowledges that this file is provided
 * "AS IS" without any express or implied warranty:
 * permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this
 * file for any purpose is hereby granted without fee,
 * provided that the above copyright notice and this
 * notice appears in all copies, and that the name of
 * Hewlett-Packard Company not be used in advertising or
 * publicity pertaining to distribution of the software
 * without specific, written prior permission.  Hewlett-
 * Packard Company makes no representations about the
 * suitability of this software for any purpose.
 *
 */

/************************************************************************
* Copyright 1995 by Wietse Venema.  All rights reserved.  Some individual
* files may be covered by other copyrights.
*
* This material was originally written and compiled by Wietse Venema at
* Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands, in 1990, 1991,
* 1992, 1993, 1994 and 1995.
*
* modification, are permitted provided that this entire copyright notice
* is duplicated in all such copies.
*
* This software is provided "as is" and without any expressed or implied
* warranties, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of
* merchantibility and fitness for any particular purpose.
************************************************************************/

   Copyright 2006, 2007 g10 Code GmbH
   Copyright 2006 Andreas Jellinghaus

   This file is free software; as a special exception the author gives
   unlimited permission to copy and/or distribute it, with or without
   modifications, as long as this notice is preserved.

   This file is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
   WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law; without even
   the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
   PURPOSE.  */

(This one seems to be fairly commonly used for more permissively
licensed files included in otherwise copyleft licensed projects, but I
can't find it on the wiki.)

/*
 * Copyright (C) 2006 Aleksey Cheusov
 *
 * This material is provided "as is", with absolutely no warranty expressed
 * or implied. Any use is at your own risk.
 *
 * Permission to use or copy this software for any purpose is hereby granted
 * without fee. Permission to modify the code and to distribute modified
 * code is also granted without any restrictions.
 */