[Fedora-legal-list] At which stage in Fedora does upstream code become "Fedora Software"

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 14:22:30 UTC 2013

On 09/27/2013 02:07 PM, Richard Fontana wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 01:56:58PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> If I was going host my code in the US somewhere and make that code
>> public under shareable licence does an EAR act automatically apply
>> to that code?
> You should consult your own lawyer for advice on such a question.

The only reason I threw this in there was to be able to determine if EAR
applies to all codes hosted and distributed in the US as in code outside
the "Fedora trademark" and Red Hat, which would then be applicable not
only to fedorahosted ( which might have been a gray area ) but for
example github inc  (which if I'm not mistaken is US based company as
well. )

But you should be able to provide me with answer to the other questions.

JBG