[Fedora-legal-list] Apache license text in ruby gems

František Dvořák valtri at civ.zcu.cz
Mon Dec 1 17:34:54 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm packaging a ruby gem under Apache 2.0 license, and I asked upstream
to include license text file, pointing to LicensingGuidelines at [1].

Upstream developer has a questions, I don't know how to answer [2]:

"Do you require the license text only in the git repository as a
LICENSE.txt file or also as part of the gem bundle? I assume I don't
need the full Apache 2.0 license, but simply the extract that can be
found at the bottom of this project's README. Is that correct?"

Is the brief "extract" at end of the [3] enough for gems (and I can
include full text in the Fedora package)? In many projects the gem
archive use to contain only the ruby files, to be as small as possible.

Thank you,
  František

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:LicensingGuidelines?rd=Packaging/LicensingGuidelines#License_Text
[2] https://github.com/trevorrowe/jmespath.rb/issues/3