[Fedora-legal-list] Exceptions restricting program name are compatible with "LGPLv2 with exceptions", correct?

Tom Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Jan 20 19:23:48 UTC 2014

After consulting with Red Hat Legal, we've decided that the Ion3 license
is non-free, even with the clarification provided by Tuomo Valkonen. The
license text is intentionally vague, and Dr. Valkonen has a history of
interpreting the license in such a fashion that it cannot safely be
assumed to be free, even in the narrow case of Notion.

Apologies, I know this isn't what you wanted to hear.

~tom

==
University Outreach || Fedora Special Projects || Fedora Legal